Friday, March 27, 2009

Dealing with real life, not a WOW moment


Yesterday my daughter called and gave me one of those phone calls a grandparent does not look forward too.  It seems on April 10th my daughter and her little Sierra are heading to Cooke's Children  Hospital once again.  Sierra will be admitting into the hospital on the 10th and on the 13th she will once again go through brain surgery, grids will be places and test ran, on the 17th of April they will go back in remove the grid and remove another piece of her brain that they call ground beef that they once again feel her seizures are starting.  This will be very hard on me, since once again my health is not allowing me to travel and be with them.  It kills me knowing that once again Shae is having to deal with this alone in a place several hours from family and friends.  I called my Doctor today and asked could I go and he said it was not safe for me to be around a children's hospital with no immune system and that on the 7th of April I will undergo 5 hours of my low dose chemo and than again 2 weeks from that date for another 4 hours.  During this time I am hoping all my family and friends are praying that once again Sierra will bounce through these surgeries.  I will try to keep everyone updated on this and how Sierra is doing.  The adorable little red head is Sierra taken a few months ago.

licks and nibbles, Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment