Thursday, March 19, 2009

Got to Love Methotrexate


My weekly shot of Metho took a toll on me the last couple of days, so I was lagging in posting.  Sad thing is tomorrow I get another one.  But this is a must take in order to get my rituxan infusion.  Which is finally approved and I am starting it again.  I feel like I have been waiting forever to get this started again.  I am also a little scared because the last time I got sick directly after the second infusion and it took a toll on my kidneys again.  I know the goal is for me to not get sick and this time the infusion be a cake walk.  So I am hoping all this not around people and stay healthy program I am on works and we have the two infusions and go from there.  If it works this can easily put me in remission and I go to two infusion every six months, than hopefully two infusions once a year but it all stems on me not getting sick between now and infusion day.  Also to prepare myself for the infusion and the nasty side effects, not to mention the sitting for 8 hours for the infusion, but in the long run it is all very worth it to me.  So tomorrow I get my weekly shot and I rest between now and April 7th as much as possible.  For those that do not know rituxan is a low dose form of chemo, to go in and destroy the bad cells and tissues that are attacking what healthy ones my body is making and right now my kidneys are not making a whole lot of new red blood cells.  It is will go in and kill these cells giving my body a chance to make new ones and knock my autoimmune system into trying to work probably, yes it means killing off my immune system but it is the last resort for me, the other medicines for my lupus is no longer working and the lupus is taking its toll on my kidneys and tissues.  So silly as it seems killing off my immune system is the only way to beat this damn disease and give my kidneys a chance to heal a little.
So now I am sitting here waiting for the call back to give me the time for the 7th of April what time I have to be there in the morning and be hooked up to my little beeping machine for 8 hours than 2 weeks later I return and get another 6 to 8 hours of infusion than we wait on blood work and test to see if it is doing the job and decide where to go from there.
I am so trying to stay upbeat about the whole thing but I would be lying if I said I was not worried.................

Posting more later hopefully..........

licks and nibbles, Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment