Thursday, May 28, 2009

I need some courage

I reopened my myspace and the other night I started typing in names of my natural mom's family and I hit pay dirt.  I found a nephew of my mom's younger sister by marriage.  He was sweet enough to email me back and last night I got a second email from him with some phone numbers of her and her daughters.  Now I just need the courage to call.  She is the sweet lady that told me all about my natural dad.  But it has been so many years since I have spoken to her I feel kinda weird just popping back into their life.

I have made a decision about my low dose chemo.  I will no longer be doing the infusions.  I have decided from research this is not my safest route to go for my kidneys.  I will be staying on the methotrexate but I am waiting on the research from Stem cells.  From what I have been sent by their foundation I stand a better chance with them then anything else.  So I am asking my family and friends to support Stem cell research simply because one day it could cure me.

I am in a flare right now but we are hoping it will not be a long one.  I have to be very careful with this swine flu thing, so as normal I can not risk being around people.  As for now even going to a doctor's visit is totally unsafe for me.  I am now off to bed, it has been a long day for me and I seem to get tired easier since I am in a flare.

Tomorrow I will be posting more pics of my baby toons and some of Lou's.  Lou is making a cool video with his Corpsman with music and everything.  Once he is done I will be posting it on my myspace so anytime someone wants to see it they can go there and watch it.

Take care, 
licks and nibbles, Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment