Friday, April 17, 2009

Long day

Sierra was taken into surgery this morning at about 8:30 am her time.  She is out and on her way to ICU and she is feisty as ever.  She is demanding water.  The Doctors removed a small portion of her brain which on Sierra's blog it goes into detail better.  After all is said and done she is doing wonderfully.  They replace 3 small grids and Shae said if she has no seizures over the weekend they will go back in and remove them and she will be on her road to coming to home soon.
I am so emotional right now I do not know whether to laugh, cry or both.  It had been such a long road for Sierra and Shae this time around, and a hard one.  But they are going to make it, I know that now with all my heart.  I know I keep saying how proud I am of Shae and I realized there is no words to even describe how much I love her and am so very proud of her and how she has handled this all.  Even during her darkest hours there she stayed strong for Sierra and made sure her daughter was number 1.   
Everyday my daughter deals with a lot, being a mom of not one handicapped child but two.  I never gave her the credit she deserved but now I am.  I love you Shae and I am so so very proud to call you my daughter.

Love your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment