Friday, April 10, 2009

This blog was meant for



This blog started out with me talking about playing wow and now suddenly it has rolled into my family, my friends and my battle with lupus.  World of warcraft has suddenly taken a back seat.  
Talking about my babies makes me feel closer to them, like they are here in my home in South Carolina and not so far away in Oklahoma.  I feel I am missing so much not being there watching them grow into young adults.  One minute Sierra and Kaleb were little kids that fought all the time, Kaleb turns 7 this year and I have missed all his birthdays since he was 2.  Sierra will be 11 and growing up so quickly.  Memphis left South Carolina before he turned two and I have never held Keegen.  My daughter Shae is getting married again soon and her two kids will turn into a ready made family of five.  So I will be opening my arms to welcome my new son in law Zack and his three wonderful adorable children.  Sierra had always been the only little girl now she is the oldest girl with soon to be 2 new little sisters that adore her, and Kaleb is getting a little brother that all boys want.  I am so proud of my daughter she has finally found someone that makes her truly happy and accepts her two wonderful children with their disabilities.  Though her and I have had many many screaming matches we both always agreed on one thing, Sierra and Kaleb deserved to be treated like any other child in the world and not to let their disabilities stop them from doing anything they wanted.  I love all my grandchildren and my son and daughter..... I miss them and their families with all my heart but we all know my best place to be is here in Charleston where I have the best doctors taking care of me.  So no matter how far away from me they are, they are always in my heart and on my mind.
The pictures this time around are of Shae's new little family.  All five of her babies.  And of course a close up of the 3 little princesses.

Licks and nibbles, Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment